|Github:||My Github profile|
Professional technical lead developer with 12 years experience of developing solutions for a wide range of applications. Flexible and quick to learn new systems; software solutions are delivered on time and within budget. This is demonstrated in a proven track record of delivery across a diverse range of industries from financial services, banking, aviation and publishing. Test-driven development is key in the solutions delivered with use of latest technologies where appropriate and financially viable. This breadth of experience ensures a valuable contribution can be made within any development team. The focus is always to provide the best possible solution to meet requirements, in balance with commercial considerations.
- Java application development both server and client side applications, including advanced skills in networking, remoting and concurrency
- Relational database application programming via JDBC, Hibernate JPA or GORM (Oracle, DB2, MySQL and MS SQL Server)
- Good OO Design & Analysis skills as well as a knowledgeable and enthusiastic practitioner of test driven development
- Excellent knowledge of Spring and Hibernate, including migration and Aspect oriented programming (AOP)
- Good knowledge of a wide range of application servers including WebSphere 4/5.1, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish and JBoss
- Proven performance and failure analysis skills using a wide range of tools such as JConsole, YourKit, JProbe and BTrace
- Architect of the “WebBroker UK”, a retail trading system used by the second largest stockbroker in the UK. An 18-month contract that started with no internal development staff and finishing with a stable confident development team of 5 permanent and 4 contractors.
- Designed and managed the development of the JHC Transaction server. Middleware application server that enabled the development of the first generation of real time share trading applications for customers such as Direct line, HSBC, Natwest stockbrokers, TD Waterhouse and Charles Stanley.
- Profiled and optimised the whole WebBroker platform over a 4 month period an overall 50% improvement in the average performance (response time) and a greatly improved memory performance and footprint.
- Mentored and advised on best practice in the use of Hibernate and Spring at ING Bank, Amsterdam. Resulting in a successful and smooth progression from an existing flawed persistence layer to a clean, well-tested and documented implementation based on Hibernate 3.
- Responsible for the technical design and implementation of Flybe’s frequent flyer program launched in April 2007. This was the flag ship development for the IT department and was delivered on time and on budget.